Friday, September 28, 2007

Flowers? For Me?

Well I was going to post a pic of my anniversary flowers but it didn't quite work out on the day of my anniversary so here they are now. They were beautiful. Our anniversary dinner, on the other hand, not so much. We went to Spinnakers (never been before but people have recommended it). I ordered the pork tenderloin. After cutting into the first piece Darrell & I were both alarmed to see that it was flaming red. This is PORK people! From a PIG! What are you trying to do here? KILL ME ?????? So needless to say we sent it back only to cut into the 2nd plate of it and discover the same thing! The waitress was very apologetic so I wasn't upset but by the time my meal came (NO, did not order pork again), Darrell was completely finished. They brought me bison ribs the 3rd time around. I have to say, we will probably never go back but if YOU do - get the Bison ribs. Very delicious. Their effort at apologizing was a 20% discount. That was $9. You know what? My dinner should have been for free. I worked in the restaurant business and that is just what you do. So yes, overall not too impressed. However, dinner at GLO on Monday night more than made up for it!

This Tuesday was the last day of my cake decorating course. I wanted to take the 2nd course in the series but they're running it on Wednesday nights when I have choir so that's out. But, the kind instructor said she will run the Fondant and Gum Paste course on Tuesday nights in November to make sure I can go so I've signed up for that one. I've worked with fondant before (see a few posts down for pic.....) but never Gum Paste. I'm actuallyr really looking forward to it - there is this amazing carnation we will be making - looks really lifelike. This past Tuesday we learned roses which was not rocket science, but I doubt I would have figured it out if I had not been able to see someone do it right in front of me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog...love the cake. Good job! Did you catch a pic of Kaitlin's yet? She took the fondant course with Zach's mom in May.

Anonymous said...

oops..I forgot to sign the last comment. You probably guessed it though.
Denise

Tricia said...

awesome cake Rachel. I think I will have to take that course.

Elise said...

Your fabulous cakes make me want to throw a party just so you can make a cake for it and we can all sit around basking in the beauty of the cake....which I guess isn't very party-ish...so eventually we'd have to eat it and get on with the partying...but boy would that cake be great!!
PS I finally wrote another entry...thanks to your "encouragement" hahaha