Friday, February 29, 2008

Another late night

I think I am a secret bat. Not the scary, dark part (Although the hair colour does work for that) but the nocturnal part. For years friends have told me I was nuts, staying up all hours but in fact, I think my body doesn't know any other way to live. I tried lying down for a 'nap' at 8pm tonight, just for a half hour because I felt kind of knackered (Mentally knackered actually, not so much sleepy) and I just couldn't sleep. It was far too early.

This is rather a strange pattern I've noticed as of late. I can nap when I lay down on the couch for a short while, but as soon as I go to bed for a nap the brain yet again goes into overdrive and I start thinking about a million different things I've got on the go. Of course this is a problem because I work at 8:45am and I'm not a morning person. I really would be better suited in France or perhaps Spain where I could have a short 3pm siesta, then be good to go until 1am. And I have always said I do my best work at night (no comments please). I will start baking at 10pm, start laundry at 11pm and scrapbook until past midnight. All very productive things really. Add to the list last Thursday hey Kelly? Bathtime phone calls at 1:30am!!! Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.

Anyways, not really sure what this post is about. Just rambling thoughts of sleep - or the lack of it - and putting it on the web. Doesn't everyone do that?

As a sidebar - an unrelated one - Larry Norman also passed away this past week. Most of any Christian rock you may have enjoyed, is probably because of Larry Norman.

4 comments:

Louise said...

I think I have the same schedule as you... but man are mornings painful! The other night Ethan asked (one of many questions as we were driving home) "what would happen if bat's were afraid of the dark?" I made up some dumb answer or comment just to please him and then he said, "would it mean that they weren't OCT-turnal?"

the OAK tree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the OAK tree said...

I am also not a morning person. Feel free to call me anylate night that you want I am always up for a good chat.

Tricia said...

as you may notice from the time of this post I am also a late night person. it is totally quiet in my house and I feel that it is too late to do anything productive, so this time is all mine to just veg.