Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall so far....

Well, things are well underway with school, jazz, musical theatre, football and church activities. We are finding the fall 'groove' so to speak. So far so good.

We may have to move Zachary's football to another district though. Unfortunately this year things are completely chaotic and two weeks of only finding out Friday night the schedule for Saturday, have left us feeling pretty frustrated. We will see how this pans out but he may be wearing a new jersey sooner than you think.

Both kids love their teachers although Brooklyn's is pregnant and she will get her replacement in January. But Zachary is especially thrilled as he has his first male teacher, and it's the same guy who taught him Art last year and who with he struck up a special 'artistic bond'. So that's a blessing.

I finished another wedding cake - for Derek & Crystal Fonk. It turned out well I think; exactly the same as the picture she gave me, but with flowers in colours that matched her wedding. The decor at the reception was beautiful, all in deep reds and at Olympic View facing the golf course. Beautiful Location.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy your long weekends before we all head back to the grind on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Louise said...

Beautiful again my friend! My cousins wedding was there too & it's such a great location! I'm looking forward to see pictures on FB from all the attendees :) Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely cake, and boy did it taste good, oh man, i know my freezer is stocked with it hahaha, so i will be enjoying it for the next while!!! Ill have to send you a few copies of the cake my photography took, soooo good. Thank you and i hope my dad found you with the card and $$$ let me know if not. he may have forgotten :)