Monday, January 04, 2010

A Beautiful Reason to be Blogging

We all had a wonderful Christmas here at Chez-Richmond but I shall leave the December blogging for another post.

This post is all about the wonderful occurrence that happened last night at church. Brooklyn was baptized at Adore along with 11 other people and it was one of the most exciting evenings of my life!

It started about a year ago when Brooklyn asked if she could get baptized. I wasn't sure she was ready for it so to be honest with you so I kind of 'postponed' the thought for her. Then she later mentioned that her friend Hannah wanted to get baptized too. I wondered if this was a peer pressure or she-is-so-I-want-to-too kind of thing but after talking to Hannah's Dad we both realized that both girls were wanting to be baptized of their own choice. They also completely understood what it meant and were doing it for the right reasons. Doing it together, however, would help reduce some of the nervousness so it was planned that they would be baptized along with the others in last night's service at Adore.

It was amazing. Brooklyn was SO excited the whole day - "Only 7 more hours until I get baptized" she said around lunchtime. Soooooo precious !

When Andy (she wanted him to baptize her....ahhhh) brought her into the baptismal tank she was the first of only two children getting baptized and we could barely see her head ! She kept bobbing up and down, I think so that people could see her !!! Fortunately it was all filmed so we will be able to get the DVD and we watched it up on the screens. Unfortunately, however, it meant I took my photos of the screens and it turned out kind of fuzzy. I honestly could cry about that except for the fact that I know the DVD is on its way.

When asked why she wanted to be baptized Brooklyn read from a piece of paper she had prepared "Because I want to live for Jesus and want to tell others about Him"... AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! It was so beautiful - as soon as she came back out of the water we all clapped and cheered and hooted and hollered. Then Andy said "I think Mummy is excited!" so I stood up and waved at Brooklyn so that she could see us. Because truly, her head was barely visible above the tank !!! haha
I had stashed a whole bunch of Kleenex in my purse and I was sure I would need every single one of them. I cry at absolutely EVERYONE's baptism. I can't help it. It's so moving to see someone take a stand for Jesus in a public forum like that. But this time, I was so unbelievably excited all I could do was cheer and clap with the hugest grin on my face :)
It took me by surprise that I didn't need any tissues. But, when the baptisms were all over and worship continued again, our friend Kendal started singing "Hallelujah, Hallelujah, you are worthy, of all praise. Be high and lifted up, be high and lifted up, be high and lifted up.... Jesus" HALLELUJAH I absolutely lost it and cried throughout the whole song.


Jesus Be Glorified.
Amen.

3 comments:

Joel and Tania said...

Joel and I are overjoyed by Bookin's baptism and think the photos are awesome of the screen! We are also on a high because tonite Tatum got saved! So, Praise the LORD that all these babies of ours are committing their hearts and lives to Jesus!!!!Way to go!

AlisonVeritas said...

so beautiful!

Don ALLAN said...

Helen and I were totally blessed to be present at Glad Tidings for 23 baptisms on Sunday. Brooklyn's baptism was a very special event for her, you as a family and the whole church. Her testimony and passion for the Lord is something that the Lord is already using to appeal to the hearts of many much older than her. She is a real testimony to the quality of parenting that you and Darryl are providing for your family. Mt. 6:33 is the verse that I feel impressed to share with you at this time. I believe it is for you as a family to reinforce your focus and for Brooklyn as she forges forward as a young ambassador for the Lord.

With our love and prayers,

Pastor Don and Helen