Thursday, December 14, 2006

Is the crash and burn-out coming soon?

Ok - I think I'm done. OH! Christmas shopping you're all thinking aren't you? Negative. Done with cleaning, scrubbing and tidying. I've been doing it at the new house and I've been doing it daily at the old house as Darrell put us on the "You can call us with very little notice to show our house to your clients" list.

So last night I hit the hay at 2:30am and woke at 7:30am. Got to work 40 minutes late. YES - 40 !!! Every morning there is the burden of cleaning your house well enough that if a realtor phoned and said someone is coming through, you would feel it was clean enough to present. Well everyone knows that 'realtor clean' is not the same as 'family clean'. So I scurry around after Darrell & the kids leave for school and clean up after all of us. And quite frankly, I'm knackered.

So as a result I am way behind on Christmas shopping, baking, cooking etc. But we did get our tree last Saturday. This year's theme is silver and gold. You can blame my Mum for my insane need to decorate in different colour schemes each year. She always did it and now I too continue the tradition.

Sorry - this is a weak post but I'm tired.... (see above). OH - but we did have a great evening Tuesday at the Tom Jackson benefit held at our church. The band was great and though I do say so myself I think our choir sounded pretty darn good too.

I'm out.............hope you're all finding real PEACE somewhere amidst the whackiness......

2 comments:

Louise said...

I'm just happy to see another post! I've missed you! Hope your craziness in the house dept. is put to rest soon, with a nice full price offer eh?

Sarah said...

So, if Darrell put you on that "come at short notice list" then why isn't he the one breakin' the sweat to clean the house?! Hmm.... now there's a good thought!

I am quite jealous that you all got to go to Tom's concert in Victoria... I think he's great!

But... beat this - Steve bought my anniversary gift today - RANDY TRAVIS tickets! I'm a happy girl!!!!!

Sarah