Monday, January 08, 2007

Reunion with Good Friends! And BABY JACK !!

Well, New Year's Eve was a fun night - 8 of us went to the 4 mile pub for dinner and a wee bit of dancing. And most of all - LOTS of giggles! Our good friends Gerry & Sharon were in town so we enjoyed seeing them again.


Then - my lovely husband Darrell sent me to Calgary for a birthday present to see my new nephew. And a big thank you to my dear friend Vicki for her birthday present - babysitting!

Ok - so you know how some babies are cute? Well Jack is STUNNINGLY TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY BEAUTIFUL. And no, I'm not biased. Well, yes I am but he's gorgeous. I spent 4 great days at my sister's place and on the Friday Leon, Alison, Jacquelyn and Aria came over to visit.





I love how when some friends show up you just put on the kettle and sit down to lovely conversation, stories and giggles like they had never left town. It was a great day and it was so good to see them again. I MISS YOU ALL BADLY ! Aria is such a doll, what a well-behaved little muffin she is......

Then on Saturday my brother and his wife and 2 girls came over and we repeated the Christmas turkey dinner. Everything - crackers, turkey, hats and all. It was a precious, precious time as I got to visit with Tatum and Chloe and remind them who Auntie Rachel is. They are gorgeous girls, Joel & Tania are awesome parents.

(My brother doing his best 'Wallace impression!)






Auntie Rachel with Tatum Rachel Turner.

Highlight of conversation: "Chloe, what is Daddy?" "A man" "good! And what is Mummy" " A girl". "Good, and what is Chloe?" Whispered response "A Christian"!!!!

HOW CUTE IS THAT?

7 comments:

Louise said...

Happy New Year! Glad you had a great trip!!! Sounds like fun :)

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise said...

Just wanted to point out that I noticed the tea cups on the counter in the top picture, behind Anna & family! You are welcome to come to my house for tea anytime you know :)

Anonymous said...

Rachel!!

Great pictures, but I hope all your readers know that I was wearing my work uniform, as opposed to sporting a bright purple polyester jump suit as a fashion statement!
It was really so great to see you, almost like we never really left, but yet it's a bit heart breaking that I won't get to see you again next week (or Monday...). I have a solution to the problem, just buy a 3rd house in Calgary!?! More Renos!
Can't wait for the next visit!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention....You aren't biased! Jack is the most beautiful baby boy out there, I agree! I think we need a CRUTS naming ceremony...Suggestions?

http://garden-gate.prairienet.org/botrts.htm

AlisonVeritas said...

It was so great to see you!!! Jack is perfect, you're right. We're in town next week, so Leon and I are going to stop by for tea, I'll call you later this week!
Love
Alison

Kelly Sommer said...

The brit girls really do have beautiful babies, don't they?