Saturday, June 16, 2007

New Babys, Spa Day and Flowers

Well it's been a fun couple of days so far. I got to visit my friend Elizabeth and her new gorgeous baby Maya. Then yesterday Tracey had her baby ! Way to go Tracey! Can't wait to meet little Joshua.

Then yesterday I had a great girly evening with crazy Kelly. First we went to the Ocean Pointe Spa for a gorgeous scrub (if decided between the scrub and massage, choose the scrub - you'll still get the massage for the same price!) If you haven't been, it's glorious. Low beautiful music, candles and wonderful towels everywhere. Then we walked through some shops for a little girlie shopping, followed by dinner at a restaurant I'd never been to before - the Mint. Awesome! Last of all we got locked out of my house for a short while - babysitter fell asleep and couldn't hear us knocking or the telephone! (still love you Jonathan :)

Our house right now is a flower-lovers paradise. Whoever planted it was very smart; as one set of flowers dies, a brand new set of a different variety seems to flower. It's like a symphony; every new plant plays it's part and overlaps the last one. Best of all is this: I absolutely LOVE rose bushes and told Darrell while dating that when we owned our own house I wanted them in my garden - and now I have 17!

So, I'm going to try and post a slideshow of them - they are so gorgeous, I just took a few photos of them this week right after they were rained on. There is also a couple of pics of my baskets.

4 comments:

Suzette said...

Rachel those roses are beautiful!! Great pictures!

Kirsten B. said...

Lovely roses and baskets, Rachel!! You're so lucky the previous owners had some already growing, how nice!

Catherine said...

Absolutely fabulous! I would love to have roses too. Glad to hear you got to have some girl time- very fun.

Sarah said...

gorgeous flowers!! I love roses. Your day at the spa sounds amazing... I will have to check that out sometime. My next spa visit will have to be a pedicure, though..... Summer is here, and the feet are pretty sad :(