Wednesday, August 04, 2010

OUCH! Band-Aid off.....

Well I finally did it.  I've been threatening to for well over a year but I finally bit the bullet and took care of business.

I just closed my Facebook account.

I LOVED facebook (as those of you who were my friends can attest to....) for many reasons; quick way to get hold of people, GREAT way to share photos - especially with friends and family out of town and great way to 'escape' from work for a moment or two.

The problem was multi-fold - there are 'friends' who aren't really friends, if you know what I mean, and things were getting a bit weird with a few of them.  Not creepy-weird just, 'you shouldn't normally know that about me' weird.

So, as I realized that too much information gets shared on facebook, and it is too easy to waste precious time that could be had with my family instead, I've opted out.  The thing I think I will miss the most is the free advertising for my cakes business.  So, if you have any friends getting married, please feel free to pass on my info to them!  I may add a facebook business page down the line but for now we will just stick with the old blog.

And so as not to leave my family photo-less in the process, here are some photos from teen camp in July.  Super-smooth camp this year and, as usual, SOOO much fun.  Cheers.
Banquet on the last night - 80's theme!
Beautiful baptisms, Jonathan our babysitter and then the kids 2nd cousin Ethan Richmond


Our great group of counsellors (shame about the shade....)
Waiting for their turn on the inflatables.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hey Rachel :) I was just looking for you on my facebook to say that we really miss you and the family!

I hope we didn't do anything! LOL

What is your email if you still would like us to contact you every now and again???

-The Madsens

madsencynthia@gmail.com
madsenjayden@gmail.com

AlisonVeritas said...

looks so fun! ok well then you'll HAVE to keep your blog up to date if we're not going to see much of you on fbook!

Rachel H. said...

Will do Alison! OH, and there is a new link on my blog.... to a certain friend's food blog :)