Sunday, October 24, 2010

"Air-Guitar" and a precious Good-Bye

So my new airbrush might be my new favourite thing ever.

I did a cake order this weekend for a little boy's birthday and it was an electric guitar (which fit very well as the boy's Dad is a bit of a rockstar!)

The airbrush was so fun to use on this project.  You can see more pictures on the cake website to the right but here is a taster:



The weird dichotomy of the weekend was that on the same day the cake was due, we had Omie's burial and memorial service.  Omie is Darrell's Grandma on his Mum's side and she was a gem of a woman.  She left a legacy of 5 children, 11 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren!!! Standing at graveside was quite a sight to see all of these people who were really only here because Omie was.  And Omie loved the Lord.  Her catchphrase was "God loves you and so do I!"

I was asked to sing at the memorial and I deliberately sang while looking at the ceiling and once even out the window to the street!  I knew that if I looked at anyone and saw them crying that I wouldn't be able to get through it.  Darrell's cousin Brian gave a wonderful eulogy and then we all went into the gym for the reception tea.

She will be missed but she's now dancing in heaven with everyone here on earth, richer for knowing her.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Great cake!

So sorry to hear about Omie but you know that after a taste of heaven, she wouldn't wish herself back for anything! I think it was her that knit everyone slippers for Sarah's Holland trip in '98? May memories be your comfort :)