Monday, October 23, 2006

Celebrity Sightings

Ok so of course I knew my Jack Leyton story would be overshadowed but who knew how by how much! My handsome brother-in-law Mike beats mine hands down. He was staying at a swanky hotel in Saskatoon (as put up by the Palm people) and was asked to wait at the end of the corridor while some people walked by the intersecting hallway.

Yes, Mike had to pause in his footsteps to allow the passage of the ROLLING STONES to their elevator. Story goes that as Mike waited they passed by and Mick said "Thanks Man". Thanks Man. WOW. And because Mike is the gracious dude that he is, he politely waited and can now tell his children (soon to be born son) that he and Mick were THIS CLOSE ........

House update - first open house yesterday - 20 people came through which the realtor said was a good turnout. We'll see if it pans out to anything. Meanwhile we are still cleaning it daily in case we get that all-of-a-sudden-we-want-to-view-your-home call. Mum returns from Calgary tomorrow. It will be great to see her again; the kids missed her a bunch.

And last but not least - my friend Jeni is a rock 'n roll superstar. TELEVISED no less! Yes, we deeked out of church after the worship last night and raced back to my house to watch her in all of her stardom as she and the Heartbeats jammed out on MuchMusic and we dined on pita, artichoke dip, carrots and dried ribs. I know, strange combination but I haven't done groceries yet. It was a grand time. Once the viewing had ceased we moved on to some great female rock duets. But I'll let her tell you about that ........

2 comments:

AlisonVeritas said...

eeeek!!! OMG so exciting about the big move. So stressful I'm sure. Where is it??? I will pray your house sells asap for ABOVE asking price(might as well pray right?) send me an email with all the details.

FooFooBerry said...

Rachel,

That is a pretty cool story about the famous sighting of Mic.