Monday, October 02, 2006

The Skinny of it .....



Good news for me is, skinny jeans (which I hate!) are really popular once again, so boot cut jeans (which I love!) all seem to be on sale.

Ok, ok, so what's the big deal with skinny jeans? Why would I loathe a pair of denim quite so much? Here's the thing - not only is it a bit odd to be experiencing a trend for the 2nd time (wore the 'drainpipes' as they were called when I was 15) but I honestly believe they could be the most unflattering pair of pants on the market.

Think of this - all of us have curves - male, female - in the buttocks area. Unless you are wearing a long top, the skinny jean produces a stick like leg leading up to a - you guessed it - bump. It's not flattering. So ok, you choose to wear a long top. Well now, the top from the armpit down to the mid-thigh is producing a wider general width of your body because of this extra length it needs to reach. If you don't believe me, I can send pictures.

So I will stick with the boot cut. Having said all that, Oliver - you look fantastic in yours. Possibly the only one.......

And on a very positive note, Joel & Tania and my 2 nieces Tatum and Chloe are coming to visit this w/end from Calgary. Can't wait to see you guys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOO TRUE RACH! SOME FASHIONS WILL NOT COME BACK WITH A BANG. AND I HAVE NOTICED, I AM VERY GOOD AT PREDICTING WHICH FASHIONS WILL STAY. THE CAPRI'S-YUP. I KNEW THEY WOULD STAY, THEY HAVE BEEN BACK EVERY SUMMER. THE 80'S FAD 2 YRS AGO-DID NOT LAST-JUST LIKE I THOUGHT...
ANNA XXX (ONCE FASHIONABLE, BUT NOT NOW B/C OF PREGNANT CIRCUMSTANCES...BUT FASHIONABLE IN MY MIND!).
THANK-YOU, I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK...

Kirsten B. said...

Ewww skinny jeans? Ug, I'll hate to see them popular again.

DCUK said...

Um . . .

I think I'm going to stop reading your blog.

Love,
your favourite cousin

FooFooBerry said...

Rachel,

Yes, these jeans are hideous and I've seen them on quite a few people lately. They look good on very few people that's for sure.

Rayael said...

My dear,

I really quite like the 'idea' of what the skinny jeans will look like...but the truth is I am not 5'11 and 110 pounds! It's a hard reality to face. I am curious though, you would in my option quite possiably fit that profile of 'who' would look good in those jeans!? Would you not? xo

Anonymous said...

Yes Rayael... Rach would look fabulous in skinny jeans! I do vote for the boot cut myself though & will purposely NOT be "in style" if skinny jeans are! Yesterday, while shopping, I saw a pair that even had the ZIPPERS at the bottom - ahhh I used to have a pair! We're getting old!