Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yes - a new post (even though it looks like the video doesn't work, click on it, it does)




Ok, Ok, Ok.... I know, I've been lame in the blogging department. Since people are probably bored of me saying I'm busy let's just say....I've been tied up.

Brooklyn turned 6 ! How did that happen? We took a few little girls bowling, it's weird when your children reach an age where their friends are now people you don't know. Should this be allowed? Inviting people I really know nothing about to my daughter's birthday? When you feel like your babies are growing up, it's a really strange sensation.

Anyway, they had a good time so I'm going to try to post a video and a pic of the cake. Again, birthdayexpress.com was a great place to get the party favours.


9 comments:

FooFooBerry said...

Rachel,

That cake is beautiful and I'm guessing you made it? Sounds like you all had a lovely time. It's good to hear from you.

S.

The mom said...

Hey the video worked! How cute is Brooklyn? Wow. I love that little six year old! Maybe someday we can attend each others kids parties since we are family and all, boo hoo, distance bites. love auntie tania

Elise said...

looks like fun!! I can't believe Brooklyn is 6! She's seems cool enough to be 26! And great cake, btw...my birthday is June...in case you were feeling the urge to bake another fabulous piece of art!

Rachel H. said...

Thanks Elise, it was rough but it fit the occasion.

Louise said...

Whoa - almost fell off my chair in shock! I mean her birthday was like two weeks ago & all :) Just kidding - it's good to hear from you! Party looked fun & your cake was great! Ethan will be bowling for his party this year in August (also 6! Yikes!) but it will be a pirate theme! I think the bowling alley has a "Pirates of the Caribbean" mural painted on it too, so that's convenient! Jackson wants Curious George & I haven't seen party supplies, so might have to check out the party express thing!

Sarah said...

That is the BEST cake ever! you are a great mom! And I am glad to read another post from you :)

The mom said...

PMS!

AlisonVeritas said...

That is an awesome cake!!! You have serious cake building skills!

Rachel H. said...

Thanks Alison (and y'all ....)it was fun to do but the candles were really the best - every candle in their kits match the theme. Very addicting..........