Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Family Reunion!

So we recently had a family event in Sidney - my Grandad's 90th birthday. What is more shocking than him turning 90 is the fact that he is completely with all his faculties. (Well, perhaps with less memory but still functioning nonetheless). It is amazing when you think of what someone's life has seen in the way of changes in society over a period of 90 years. Happy Birthday Mush!

Although it was much too short of a visit I got to see my aunt and uncle from Three Hills and my youngest cousin Brian (missed you Dennis!). And to toot my cousin's horn for him, at the end of the meal he stepped up to the grand piano and played some awesome post-dinner music. Beautiful stuff.

Here's what his composition and keyboard playing sound like on "Water". Enjoy.

http://profile.myspace.com/soulartransmissions

5 comments:

FooFooBerry said...

Rachel,

It sounds like you had a lovely time. That is amazing your grandfather is 90 and is still doing well. He must have led a healthy lifestyle.

:)

AlisonVeritas said...

I love Grandads.

Rayael said...

My Grandpa was here a few weeks ago and my boys were talking to him. They were checking again just how old he was; 94! Well, Andrew said something like, "I think you should make it to like 115 then you could beat the world record." I wonder how such lovely young children get such a innocent yet competitive streak in them? : ]

Rachel H. said...

Hmmmmm Rayael.... yes, I wonder where that streak comes from ???? ha ha

Louise said...

March 8th - Happy Birthday Brooklyn! Your mom better post some party pictures!